To configure OpenShot to create and edit Animated Titles using Blender, please use the following instructions:
- Download and install Blender v2.80 or higher.
OpenShot v2.5.1 does not support versions of Blender higher than 2.83.
We recommend using Blender version 2.80 with OpenShot v2.5.1.
To use a version of Blender higher than 2.83, download and install the latest Daily Build of OpenShot.
- Launch OpenShot Video Editor and open the Preferences window.
- Click the Browse button to the right of the field next to Blender Command (path).
- Locate the blender.exe file, then click the Open button.
In Microsoft Windows, the path is similar to C:/Program Files/Blender Foundation/Blender/blender.exe.
OpenShot changes the backslash to a forward slash in Windows because of its Linux heritage.
In macOS the file path is similar to /Applications/Blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender.
- Click the Close button in the Preferences window to save the file path to Blender.
- Open the Animated Title window from the Title menu on the top menu bar (or press Ctrl+B or ⌘+B).
- Click on a title template. After a few seconds, a preview appears.
On slower computers, the preview could take much longer (up to a few minutes). Some titles render more quickly.
If a preview image appears, you successfully connected Blender with OpenShot.
If you get an error message regarding "Blender is required for this action," ensure the file path is correct.
- Fill In the template, then click the Refresh button to see a rendered frame of the animated title.
If the preview image is blank, there is a configuration issue that OpenShot and Blender cannot resolve.
Do not change the Font Name value. OpenShot cannot pass fonts other than the default Font Name value.
Change the values in the template, then click the Refresh button to see your changes in the Preview window.
- Click the Render button to create an animated title and save the image sequence to the Project Files list.